Monday, June 15, 2015

Four Barriers

              The Four Barriers of Infused Technology In The                                                  Classroom 


Ensuring that my technology tool that I am using is helping my students to master that TEK is a barrier. I have so many ideas about what app or technology piece to use but struggle to see how that can be connected to a standard. The wow factor that so many apps have can sometimes make me loose focus of the real reason I am infusing this technology into my class. 

Another barrier I face is how quick technology changes. I am pretty up to date when it comes to technology and thrive on finding the latest and greatest app or program for my students to use but it can still be scary. 


The unknown that comes along with technology can also be a barrier. A lot of times you have taught something over and over again and it is very familiar to you. The minute you put something new or different mixed with it it can be challenging to overcome that. 


My last barrier deals with change in the mindset of a teacher and how they teach. Everything seems to change in education on a daily basis and that can be scary with everything that goes on daily in a classroom. Adding another changing element to teaching can become scary, overwhelming and exciting all at the same time. 

1 comment:

  1. We all love the WOW factor that comes with technology but we have to evaluate and make sure that the tool is enhancing student learning.

    I appreciate how you discussed the discomfort that comes with change and the unknown... as educators we are expected to be flexible but we all need some time to get adjusted.

    The only thing that is consistent in education is change :)

    ReplyDelete