Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Crushing Barriers

                            Crushing Barriers


To solve the problem of making sure my TEK aligns with my technology I have learned varied techniques to break down what the TEK is really asking of my students. Through looking at the verb and seeing what vocabulary goes along with what the student should be doing I am able to see what skill needs to be mastered. 
The Castleberry ISD website offers a great tool to the Kilgo verb which helps to breakdown the TEK and have a clear understanding of it. 


I have also researched certain technology apps that go with that verb. I found a great pin on Pinterest that helps me to see what really works for my students and the TEK they need to master.






When looking at when it comes to keeping myself updated on the latest and greatest on technology I have begun to organize my twitter. I have begun to access groups or people that give valid information on technology that is useful to me. Some people I love to follow are @Teachinginthe21 , @theIMblog and @eduTecher . They give great real life ideas that keep me on the cusp of what's going on in education and technology.

When it comes to overcoming the barrier of flexibility and change I have learned to just take it one day at a time. The people I follow on twitter help me to take a new spin on a concept or subject I have taught before. On my lessons plans I have tried to each month have at least one new app that my students will use or have access to in multiple subject areas so as to not overwhelm myself or my students.

The mindset that I have as a teacher is largely influenced by the colleagues that work alongside you and the resources given or found. I am very lucky to be in a school that has many colleagues that are willing to share and give me information about what technology works for them and what doesn't. My district shares in that passion which helps the transition and gathering of resources easier. I have also recently discovered a great website that tells great blogs to help teachers in their classroom. It has been great to have all this wonderful resources at my fingertips to engage and learn from.



1 comment:

  1. Awesome solutions! You are truly committed to being a life long learner!

    ReplyDelete