Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Day 2 Reflection

Day 2 Reflection

PLN time - what new resources did you find and what new strategies will you use to enhance your technology infusion for the upcoming year?

I found a variety of twitter groups/people to follow that helped me to look into what technology works in the classroom. Through reading a few articles on teachers and what they have implemented I am excited to start and Instagram account with my students to share their day with their parents. I also have looked into how to better use Google Docs to enhance my students reflection on pieces they have written or are starting to write.

Flipped Classrooms - what did you learn from the webinar?

I learned that a flipped classroom can be what you make of it. It is not something that can be intimidating if you take in one step at a time. It was refreshing to see an educator with such passion for doing what is best for his students. I liked his high expectations for his students and takes a no excuses attitude when it comes to responsibility for watching the flipped videos. I hope to gain more knowledge and resources of this great tool for getting all kids excited and prepared to be successful.

Your lesson and student sample - what is the lesson that you are using for this course and what web tool will your students use in this lesson?

My lesson will be based on sequencing the order of events in a fiction story. I will guide the students in a whole class creation of a sequence of events of a common story we have read together. We will use the web app educreation to create these videos. Once students have seen a model  they will create one on their own. After all students have created one they will present these to their peers and it will be graded based on a peer and teacher rubric.



1 comment:

  1. Love the Instagram idea, be sure that the account is private and only accept parents and CISD employees to view. Todd is awesome at expressing his passion for education, he is so inspirational and truly does what is best for the student. Having students take ownership of their learning sometimes only starts in college. I wish that I would of had more flipped lessons in K-12 to better prepare me for the college learning environment.

    ReplyDelete